CSEE&T – Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training
As its name suggests, JSEET combines parts of the program of ICSE and CSEE&T. As well as the submissions for JSEET, CSEE&T also invites submissions for the parts of its program that will be separate from JSEET.
CALL FOR OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS
Theme: Software Engineering Education and Training: System Thinking and System Scale
Aims and Scope
As well as research papers and panel sessions, CSEE&T has a long tradition of providing workshops, tutorials and similar activities that focus on helping SE educators to develop their skills and practice. The aims of these should ideally reflect the aims of the research papers in addressing the same key questions, namely:
- How can we make team issues as realistic as possible?
- How can we teach software engineering students or trainees to cope with problems of scale?
- To what extent should system thinking be a part of software engineering education?
- As well as being experts in designing software, how far should software developers also be experts in system engineering or other application domains?
Similarly, the topics of interest for such activities should ideally reflect ones in the list for the research papers, but again this is not intended as a restrictive list, and proposals that focus on other topics which are relevant to current issues in SE education will be welcome.
Format and Submissions for CSEE&T:
- Highly collaborative workshops, up to 4 pages, which describe the topic of the workshop, explain why this topic will be of interest, and give details of the organization of the workshop and those who will lead it;
- Tutorials (typically lasting two sessions), up to 3 pages, which describe the topic of the tutorial, explain why this topic will be of interest, and give brief details of those who will lead it;
- Practice and Methods presentations (typically lasting one session), up to 3 pages, which describe the topic of the presentation, explain why this topic will be of interest, and give brief details of those who will lead it;
- Panel session proposals, up to 4 pages, which describe the topic to be discussed, explain why this topic will be of interest and give details of the proposed panel membership. Note that proposals for panel sessions will be considered for inclusion in either JSEET or CSEE&T, as determined by the program committee. The detailed submission guidelines for each category (e.g. maximum page length, formatting requirements) are provided at the submission page, and formatting guidelines can be found at the author instruction page. Papers must be submitted electronically through EasyChair.
Important Dates (for both JSEET and CSEE&T)
- Submission deadline: Oct 24, 2014
- Notification of reviewing decisions: Jan 21, 2015
- Deadline for camera-ready copy: Feb 13, 2015
Instructions on submission can be found at http://stardock.cs.virginia.edu/cseet/2015/authors.html.